LAST UPDATED: February 2021
Website Privacy Notice for EEA and UK residents
Kennedy Wilson Holdings, Inc. and other Kennedy Wilson group companies are data controllers in respect of your data.
If you have any specific issues relating to this Privacy Notice, would like a list of Kennedy Wilson group companies who may process your data, or any wider privacy issues relating to us, please get in touch via our Contact Us page at www.kennedywilson.com or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Legal basis for processing personal information
If you are an individual residing in the European Economic Area or the UK, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform or undertaking marketing.
How long we keep your information for
We will keep your personal information for as long we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Where we store or process your information
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and stored at, a destination outside the US, European Economic Area (“EEA”) or UK. Specifically, KW’s servers are located in the US, and our group companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world, including UK and Ireland. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
Such destinations or countries may not have laws which protect your information to the same extent as in your home country. It may be processed by us or by our service providers operating outside the US, EEA or UK, but we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Depending on the country which you live in and the laws that apply to you (such as, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area or the UK), you may also be entitled to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold about you;
- have any incorrect personal information corrected or completed (you can also update your records using your profile on your online account, if you have one);
- delete any personal information that we no longer need for the above purposes, where you have withdrawn your consent and there are no other grounds to process that information, where the personal information has been unlawfully processed or where we are required by law to delete it;
- restrict the processing of your personal information whilst we confirm whether any information needs correcting following your request, the processing is unlawful and you do not want us to delete this personal information; where we no longer need to process the personal information, but you require the information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. In these circumstances we will only process your personal information for purposes for which you have consented, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or the protection of the rights of another person; and/or
- object to our processing of your personal information, where we process it under the legitimate interests grounds and we are unable to show a compelling legitimate interest that overrides your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the purposes of defending, exercising or defending legal claims
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or the UK and you wish to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area countries are available here and the UK data protection authority is available here.