Senior Vice President, Brokerage
Christine Deschaine is a Senior Vice President in Kennedy Wilson’s brokerage division and specializes in the leasing and sale of retail property. She has more than 25 years of experience in tenant and landlord representation and has worked extensively in urban redevelopment with some of the area’s most prominent retail developers.
Christine has been an integral part of the real estate groups responsible for the resurgence of neighborhoods such as Santa Monica’s Third Street Promenade, Montana Avenue, downtown Burbank, Hollywood Boulevard, Marina del Rey, and Culver City. Her expertise and familiarity with city planning officials and processes in the region have allowed her to shepherd projects through these municipalities and identify and secure a successful tenant mix.
Prior to joining Kennedy Wilson in 2013, Christine served as Senior Vice President and partner at Lee & Associates for 20 years.
Christine is currently the exclusive agent for over 200,000 square feet of commercial space. In Santa Monica, she recently completed the repositioning of an office property into the area’s first 365 by Whole Foods concept, and a 14,700 SF retail lease with CVS at 5th Street and Wilshire Blvd. valued at $21.6 million.
Since 2018, Christine has completed more than 62,000 square feet in commercial real estate transactions valued at over $59 million. Recent notable transactions include a lease to HSBC in Santa Monica valued at $6 million, a 15-year Starbucks drive-thru lease in West L.A. valued at $4.7 million, and multiple leases at The Culver Steps in Culver City including Sephora, CorePower Yoga, Mendocino Farms, Philz Coffee and Salt & Straw.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Board Member, Downtown Burbank Partnership (2020)
- Founder and Board Member, ThinSpace Africa
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women Los Angeles (CREW-LA)
- Advisory Board Member, CREW-LA (2012-2013)
- Board Member, Bringing Hope to the Family (2019)
B.S., Business Administration
- American Commercial Equities
- Auerbach Realty
- Century West Properties
- Champion Real Estate Company
- Elliot Megdal & Associates
- GPI Companies
- Hackman Capital Partners
- Metropolitan Pacific
- OTO Development
- Pacific Development Partners
- Palm Associates
- Steaven Jones Development Co.
- Tooley Interests
- Tucker Investment Group
- United El Segundo
- West Coast Investors
- Worthe Real Estate Group
- 2019 LABJ Women's Council, Volunteer of the Year Winner
- 2016 Los Angeles Power Woman, Bisnow
- 2014 Los Angeles Power Woman, Bisnow
- 2014 LABJ Nominated for Woman Making a Difference Award
- 2013 LABJ Nominated Volunteer of the Year
- 2012 Women at the Top award; California Real Estate Women Los Angeles (CREW-LA)
- 2012 Volunteer or the Year; Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2010 Commercial Real Estate Award-Landlord Representative, Restaurants; Los Angeles
- 2009 Business Journal Woman of Influence; Real Estate Southern California
- 2009 Volunteer of the Year, San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- 2008 Top 10 Producers Lee & Associates-LA North/Ventura
- 2006 LA’s Best Brokers Specializing in Retail Properties, Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2006 Top Retail Leasing Broker, CoStar Power Brokers
- 2006 Southern California’s Woman of Influence